It’s National Handbag Day! Every year on October 10 we get to celebrate the awesomeness of handbags. Handbag day–a day to shop, share and show some handbag love!
It goes without saying (again) that I LOVE a great bag! Not sure when or how it started but for me handbag love is real. I’m excited that a trend seen for Fall is the idea of carrying more than one bag! I haven’t tried it yet, I need to plan and play with the right proportions, but loving the idea of my bag needing to carry a bag of its own bag! I don’t know about you, but I can’t fit all of my things in a micro bag, sometimes one bag just isn’t enough! For National Handbag Day 2019 I am going to focus this post on sharing some great deals, trends and of course a few bags that I LOVE right now!
5 Fall Handbag Trends – And These Are Soooo Good!
1. Croc effects – Love, love, love this trend. Embossed croc looks instantly elevates the look of any accessory, always so classy and ladylike. Pure luxe–whether you go faux or splurge on the real versions, you can’t go wrong! Love Rebecca Minkoff’s take on a structured embossed croc bag!
2. Chain accents – Chunky and often over-sized chain accents have been spotted fairly regularly in recent designs. Simpler leather straps are being swapped for chunkier look at me and my bag styles!
3. Structured bags – Structure and top handled styles are here to stay and why not—these handheld styles are definitely eye-catching! Geometric shapes, fun and unique handles and materials, there is definitely an option for every taste.
4. Double the pleasure – With handbags, this season two is better than one! Top designers debuted Fall looks that included bags carrying a bag of its own! Some showcased large bags with an attached mini or micro accessory bag (so cute!) while others went for bags of about equal size being careful that neither bag was really large or cumbersome. I think this is one trend I can get behind! Top Shop has some fabulous croc embossed AND structured bags that will make creating your own double-bag look super easy!
5. Soft and cozy – The softest of soft materials are a key focus for Fall. Faux fur, shearling, lambswool—if it’s shaggy and makes you want to cozy up, it is definitely a bag to covet this Fall!
Be sure to share your favorite bag, your bag crush or anything handbag related with us, we’d love to hear from you! Don’t forget to hop on over and check out our Instagram feed to see our bag of the day! And if you don’t like us already (how could you not??) like us, follow us, we’d love to connect with you!
Instagram And Facebook – @chickwares